Do you have experience as a production worker in the graphic arts industry, either operating printing or bindery equipment, or work in graphic design/prepress?
Alaska Litho is seeking an individual for the position of Production Specialist. Applicant should be detail oriented, organized, hard-working, self-motivated, a team player, and reliable. Applicant must also have a mechanical aptitude, and be able to lift, bend and twist with 70lbs. Applicant should be able to work varying shifts when needed. Salary is D.O.E.
Apply below or send application and résumé to Alaska Litho 8420 Airport Blvd. suite 102 Juneau, AK 99801. Or, email to jobs @ aklitho.com. 907-586-3170
Alaska Litho’s Production Specialist is the foreperson of our production facility. The position requires a diverse skill set. The Production Specialist is responsible for both pre and post press cutting, operation of offset printing press, digital printers, binding equipment, packaging of finished printed products, assisting with deliveries when necessary, maintaining a clean and organized facility, and repairing and maintaining production equipment. The Production Specialist is required to assist with inventory management, the ordering of machine parts and consumables (ink, paper, and sign supplies). This position reports directly to the General Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate and maintain a large paper cutter
- Operate an offset printing press / provide back up to offset press operator
- Operate a digital printing press / provide back up to digital press operator
- Operate various bindery/finishing equipment
- Operate a wide format printer
- Operate sign finishing equipment such as a CNC router, panel saw
- Operate a forklift
- Assist in all areas of production as needed or assigned in an effort to meet required deadlines
- Installation of vinyl graphics and or signage.
- Order paper, sign supplies, machine parts, and consumables as assigned
- Receive freight and stock inventory
- Organize and track pre-printed inventory
- Support prepress and graphic design, customer service, and all production staff
- Work with customer service to resolve problems and conflicts in the production schedule
- Machine repairs and maintenance as needed or assigned
- Track/monitor jobs in production
- Ensure jobs are updated and tracked accordingly in workflow software
- Responsible for facility upkeep and maintenance
- Maintain a clean, orderly, safe and secure work area at all times and follows all established safety and quality control procedures
- Ensure strict confidentiality of client records
- Some overtime, weekend, and holiday work may be required as needed
- Performs other functions as needed, required, or as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent. An Associate or Bachelor Degree is preferred.
- Three or more years’ experience in the printing, sign, and mailing industry or equal experience in manufacturing or construction.
- Must be responsible, detailed oriented, self-motivated, and work well unsupervised
- Good oral communication, good written communication, and excellent math skills
- Cooperativeness in working successfully with others and immediate supervisor
- Good computer skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to proficiently read and write English is an essential function of this position
- Ability to use and understand measuring devices
- Mechanically Inclined
- $16-$23 per hour depending on experience and job fit
- Employee stock ownership plan
- 8 paid holidays a year
- Paid personal leave
- Great growth opportunity for those eager to learn new skills
- At cost personal printing
- Gym membership