Bindery Technician *POSITION FILLED*
Do you have experience as a production worker in the graphic arts industry operating printing or bindery equipment?
Alaska Litho is seeking an individual for the position of Bindery Technician. The successful applicant will primarily work in our finishing department and will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of a variety of different machines that are used in the finishing of print projects. Some of these machines include bookbinders, paper folders, score & perforation machine, paper drill, laminator, mail inserting machine, mail address printer, and paper cutter. The position also assists in packaging and deliveries, inventory management, sign installations and vinyl application, maintaining a clean and organized facility, and other duties as assigned. The position requires a diverse skill set, which includes a mechanical aptitude, basic math including converting fractions to decimals, the use of standard measuring devices, and clear communication skills. Being detail oriented, organized, hard-working, self-motivated, a team player, and reliable is the foundation for being a part of our team; You also must be able to lift, bend and twist with 70lbs. Shifts are 8am-5pm with occasional variations and some overtime. Salary is D.O.E. and job fit.
Apply below or send application and résumé to Alaska Litho 8420 Airport Blvd. suite 102 Juneau, AK 99801. Or, email to jobs @ aklitho.com. 907-586-3170
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in the printing, sign, and mailing industry or equal experience in manufacturing or construction.
- Must be responsible, detailed oriented, self-motivated, and work well with minimal supervision
- Good, clear communication skills.
- Cooperativeness in working successfully with others and immediate supervisor.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to proficiently convert decimals to fractions and other basic math skills.
- Ability to use and understand measuring devices.
- Mechanically inclined.
- $16-$19 per hour depending on experience and job fit
- Employee stock ownership plan
- 8 paid holidays a year
- Paid personal leave
- Great growth opportunity for those eager to learn new skills
- At cost personal printing
- Paid gym membership
Alaska Litho is the largest print provider in Southeast Alaska, giving us a unique opportunity to service a variety of clients including State and Local Government, Native Corporations, and Tour Operations. We have cutting-edge technology and some of the best printing and binding equipment on the market supporting a plethora of products and services, including 4-color offset printing, short-run color digital, complete finishing/bindery, full service mailing, grand format, and media services. We are looking for a hard-working and internally motivated person who has the desire to do the job right while providing excellent customer service and satisfaction to our clients.