Alaska Litho + Juneau Carbon Offset Fund
Supporting Community & Sustainability
We recycle over 50 tons of paper each year. Hydropower runs our all-electric facility. Our free local deliveries arrive by electric vehicle. And we are always looking for new ways to make our business and community sustainable.
That’s why this year Alaska Litho became a Supporting Partner of the Juneau Carbon Offset Fund. The program uses purchased carbon offsets to eliminate emissions from lower-income Juneau homes by replacing their oil heating systems with clean and efficient air-source heat pumps. This is Alaska’s only locally-targeted carbon offset fund, and we are proud to support the innovative work they are doing.
Our print shop has always been active in recycling and choosing sustainable, recycled materials. We took it one step further in 2010 when we moved into a building that upcycles the heat created by our offset press to warm our offices. We also offer an Upcycled Metal Print reusing press plates. Artwork or photos print on the unused side to create one-of-a-kind metal prints that are light and bright.
If you have ideas on how we can reuse or upcycle more materials rather than simply recycling, we’d love to hear them. Email us at email@example.com.
More Ways We Are Investing
- Stocking only papers that are at least partially recycled and offering 100% recycled options.
- Recycling our by-product and waste.
- Reusing heat generated by our presses to heat our shop and front offices.
- Running an all-electric facility, including electric radiant heat through a cement floor, powered by Juneau’s locally-sourced hydropower.
- Making deliveries with an electric car.