What is Informed Delivery?
The US Postal Service has started scanning letter-size mail pieces and sending a preview of today’s mail to everyone who signs up. The program is now nationwide, including Juneau.
We’ve been testing this out for a couple of months to see how it works from a user end and as a sender.
We’ve discovered there are practical advantages to seeing your home mail. You can make sure nothing is missing. You can also see what is being held while you are out of town. And the Post Office is working with mailers to build up the service to make it more useful and fun. Try it out!
Informed Delivery for Business
Right now there are 5.5 million users who can preview their mail each day using a website, app, or email. 759,000 people get the email alone each day.
As a business you have the ability to customize how they see the preview of your mail piece by providing a color image that will stand out against the grayscale scans. You can also include a call-to-action button and a link to more information about the mail piece.
So far this program has a very small number of campaign creators, with just 29 campaigns sent nationwide in July. Your mail will definitely stand out!
- No additional postage costs.
- No minimum or maximum mailing list size.
- 70% and higher email open rates.
- Mailers can include images for flats (larger size mail pieces) even though those are not scanned and included as grayscale previews.
- Ability to get reports and track website visits.
- Only available for Residential Addresses, no businesses.
- Currently a manual submission process, but an automated system should be ready in October.
- Only 1 image can be used per campaign, meaning variable data cannot yet be used. This should change in October too.
Have questions about how this could work for you? Email us or give us a call! 586-3170